To tune your instrument please follow these steps:
Please scroll down to see "Tuning with the tuner" videos
Look up the strings names.
1. Click the button below and listen to the sound of the string.
Violin and Viola Strings
2. Pluck your string and compare the two sounds.
3. If the sounds are not the same decide which sound is higher.
4. Turn the fine tuner to make sure the sounds match.
5. If the fine tuners do not help please ask an adult to help you with the pegs.
This video explains how
to use the pegs.
Please ask an adult to help you with the pegs!
Tuning with the tuner.
To use electronic clip on tuner please follow these steps:
Turn on the tuner
Cello clip on
What will you see on the screen
Cello - using the bow
Violin/Viola clip on
Violin/Viola new clipping place
Please check if the tuner shows the
CORRECT STRING NAME.
Violin/Viola - using the bow